About the course
The Associate of Quranic Studies degree is designed to provide keen insight to all those who wish to begin a journey towards understanding the book of Allah. Students will study Quranic Arabic in depth and develop the ability to understand the Quran in its native language. It will help the students develop an appreciation and strengthen their love for Qur’an by equipping them with necessary tools to understand and engage with the text more meaningfully.
Additionally, students will be introduced to fundamental topics and themes of the Qur’an to help them navigate through the life of this world.
The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) made this beautiful du’a:
“O Allah, make the Qur’an the spring of my heart, the light of my chest, the remover of my sorrows and the eliminator of my worries.” (Musnad Ahmad)
What you'll learn
Five things every student will be able to get out of this course:
- Basic understanding of Arabic language
- Ability to understand and translate Quranic verses
- Knowledge of the virtues of many significant surahs of the Qur’an.
- Company of the students and teachers of Qur’an.
- A deeper connection with the book of Allah and a better knowledge of its teachings
Table of Contents
The AQS curriculum is designed help you understand the language and the message of the book of Allah at the same time. Throughout the course of two years, we would aim to understand the Qur’an through following six elements:
- Quranic Arabic
- Translation of Quranic Passages
- Rhetoric (Balagha)
- Selected Tafsir
- Fundamentals of Tajweed
- Vocabulary Building
- Memorization of selected Surahs